Morgan Stanley COO Strategy Workforce Management & Quality Analyst in Purchase, New York
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) has over $2 trillion under management and is one of the world’s largest networks of Financial Advisors.
The Field Strategic Services (FSS) group within MSWM is responsible for transformational platform strategies that provide better tools for our Financial Advisors, support staff, and our clients. The COO team manages the daily operational and organizational activities for FSS by creating efficiencies across multiple stakeholders and consolidating tasks to ensure consistent communications.
We are seeking experienced professionals, to work as a Wealth Management Workforce and Data Analyst. This role will work with new central teams to manage the workforce, reporting, and ad-hoc requests on a daily basis. The Wealth Management Workforce and Data Analyst will utilize multiple applications including Excel, data management software, and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Suite and more. In addition, this position will assist with tracking, reporting on, and recommending actions for our budget and expenses. The Workforce and Data Analyst will also work with partners across Wealth Management to gather feedback on expanding centralization initiatives focused on improving client experience and service levels.
- Combine a curiosity for understanding underlying causes with advanced data visualization tools to produce clear and concise documentation and reporting
- Gather daily headcount availability, monitor Service Levels throughout the day, and allocate resources based on volume
- Analyze data for all historical patterns (monthly updates, shrinkage calculations, arrival patterns, seasonality trends, time zone differences) and make recommendations on potential actions based on the data including forecasting volume expectations and headcount needs
- Provide reporting on employee absenteeism and schedule deviation while identifying trends and potential resolutions
- Daily, weekly, monthly oversite of operational management metrics and reporting
- Proactively create reporting and tracking to help streamline and improve efficiency and quality of client service
- Produce relative ad-hoc reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Be proactive in looking for other opportunities, gaps, and other ways to improve the business model
- Assist with tracking budget and expenses for the department
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of workforce management experience, preferably in groups with at least 150 employees
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting expenses
- Proven ability to develop and execute plans that meet or preferably exceed established service level and efficiency goals.
- Ability, willingness, and aptitude to learn new software applications
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making
- Advanced working-knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience with quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of Tableau is preferred
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong project management, organization, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze large datasets and produce insights and recommendations based on results
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team, and under strict and changing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - freely develops networks, builds consensus, and prioritizes effectively
Job: *Wealth Management
Title: COO Strategy Workforce Management & Quality Analyst
Location: New York-Purchase
Requisition ID: 3186835
Other Locations: Americas-United States of America-New York-New York