Mastercard Incorporated Manager, Business Development (Cross-border Sales) - Remote (R-119095) in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development (Cross-border Sales) - Remote
We are looking for a seasoned Business Development Professional who has demonstrated track record selling business to business and business to consumer (B2B/B2P) payout solutions to enterprise clients.
• Execute go to market and business development strategy for the Cross Border B2P/B2B payments business. Sell the platform and solution to merchants in target verticals, such as: marketplaces, payment service providers, payroll, affiliate marketing, media and freelance
• Research and identify new opportunities to target in Cross Border's key verticals. Present the solutions and key value propositions to target merchants. Successfully handle objections and work to move the business through the sales lifecycle
• Develop and orchestrate sales strategy for each account
• Establish, maintain, and expand relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
• Maintain awareness and keep abreast of a constantly changing competitive marketplace and update internal resources (Executives leadership, Marketing and Sales Teams)
• Collaborate with internal executive, product, strategy, marketing, engineering, and account management teams to ensure products and strategies are continually positioned for maximum success
All About You:
• Do you have experience in corporate payments and cross-border payments/FX or Wire Services?
• Do you have experience with Treasury Services, Transaction Banking, Wholesale or Commercial Banking organizations?
• Do you have experience in technical sales for a complex payment product or service within a Financial Institution or FinTech firm?
• Do you have experience working with internal partners across multiple business units to introduce and train on complex payments products?
• Do you have a proven ability to manage complex sales processes with a wide range of prospects?
• Do you have experience managing complex pricing and contract negotiations?
• Are you able to lead conversations at both a business and complex technical level?
• Payments knowledge - either at a service provider (bank, PSP fintech, payment network), or a user/customer (corporate)
• Effective Communications - story telling, visual presentation, thinking on your feet, handling customer objections and questions, managing the conversation
• Influencing/Value Selling - understanding prospect needs and how they define value, adapting your message to the audience, illustrating value over features
• Sales- scoping, qualification, proposal writing, presentations, closing and customer agreements
• Solutions Development - presenting solutions to solve real pain points, clearly communicating value, architecting a full solution
• Extensive Business Payments and Cross Border Payments experience
• Self-starter / motivated to work independently and as an effective team member
• Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred
• Travel required (25%)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.