MasterCard Manager, Global Product Management - Data Insights Products in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Global Product Management - Data Insights Products
MasterCard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
We are looking for a seasoned product manager within the Operational Insights Program Global Product Management team to play a key role in the commercialization/go-to-market strategy for its products. This person will be part of a team of product managers and drive key activities including development of the go-to-market strategy, defining the product value proposition and pricing, create sales and delivery materials and play a key role in sales and delivery enablement.
This individual will partner closely with other members of the Global Product Management technical team to ensure product strategy, roadmap and vision is aligned with the go-to-market strategy and product business priorities.
Product Managers in Data & Services at Mastercard
• Build revolutionary products that advance how businesses all over the world derive the most value from their data assets
• Translate a deep understanding of our customers into products and solutions that drive significant customer value
• Balance the long-term direction of a product with today’s needs and constraints by fully understanding the technical, competitive, and commercial contexts of our products
• Act as connectors to ensure the commercial success of our products by working with Sales and Marketing while ensuring technical success through close partnership with Technology teams
• Drive globally-relevant solutions by understanding regional needs and tradeoffs, and build scalable products that serve an array of customer segments
• Set product direction with coordination, not isolation—taking into account how our products all work together to serve customer needs
• Act as an expert, advocate and champion for payments insights products
• Lead global product management team efforts with analytically-driven input into strategic business plans and product roadmaps
• Coordinate across cross-functional teams for product sales, usage and continuous product enhancement
• Lead developing the product business strategy including customer segmentation, pricing, sales and marketing strategy
• Play a key role in rolling out new solutions focused on new segments (e.g., Fintechs), use cases (e.g., real time alerts, crypto payments), networks (e.g., open banking, Blockchain)
• Manage the product P&L and lead the forecasting/budgeting discussions for the products
• Effectively communicate strategy and vision up and down the organization
• Prioritize development efforts as they align against business strategy
• Build strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to achieve product goals
All About You
• Agile product management experience in analytical products and business intelligence solutions
• Strong experience with analytical solutions designed for payments or a related financial services sectors preferred
• Analytical, solutions-oriented skillset with the ability to drive thought leadership
• Strategic mind set to solve complex and ambiguous problems
• Keen understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends in the self-service analytics space, and the ability to translate that understanding into meaningful actions and enhancements
• Proven track record collaborating in cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding products and features
• Highly organized and able to deal with multiple and competing priorities
• Knowledge and skills using product management tools, (e.g. market and product plans, project timelines, marketing research, pricing, business case development)
• Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant experience
• Experience in strategy consulting or developing go-to-market strategies for products
• Experience of developing and driving end to end execution of initiatives – particularly in a cross-functional environment, managing and prioritizing competing initiatives
• Strong communication & influencing skills to work with internal and external stakeholders, with ability to clearly articulate problem statements and opportunity areas
• Strong understanding of the Mastercard products & services and key revenue drivers
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-160256