The New York Foundling Camp Health Director in Putnam Valley, New York
Putnam Valley, NY, USA
- The Health Director works under direct supervision of the Camp Director to achieve Camp Felix goals and objectives by providing on-site medical care to staff and campers, helping them maintain optimal health and wellness while at camp. Specific responsibilities include
- Prior to camp: review all campers' medical applications and communicate with health care providers as needed; review/edit the camper alert and allergy list and medications list; assist Camp Felix admin staff in ordering all medical supplies and equipment.
- Live on-site for the duration of each camp session.
- Supervise health and sanitation at camp.
- Oversee the implementation of the written safety plan's medical components.
- Review and maintain campers' confidential medical records.
- Ensure that nurse's office is maintained properly and provides an environment that is neat, clean, professional, and conducive to healing; report maintenance issues to Camp Director immediately to reach resolution.
- Oversee the initial health screening of campers and daily health surveillance of campers and staff.
- Handle health emergencies and injuries, including emergency preparedness procedures and follow up for professional health care.
- Facilitate contact with proper health care providers; assure doctor's standing orders are followed.
- Maintain camp's daily medical log.
- BA/BS required; NYS RN License, LPN License, or EMT license required.
- Familiarity or experience with summer camps.
- Must have at least 2 years clinical experience in pediatrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in managing and maintaining confidential medical records.
- Updated First Aid and CPR certifications required.
- Wilderness training certificate preferred.
- Must be able to utilize best safety practices to protect the health of him/her, other staff, and the campers.
- Must be able to work well with other staff and relate well to groups of young people.
Bachelor's Level Degree or better
2 years:clinical experience in pediatrics
Posted: February 4, 2019