The New York Foundling Sports Instructor in Putnam Valley, New York
Putnam Valley, NY, USA
- The Sports Instructor works under direct supervision of the Athletic Director to achieve Camp Felix goals and objectives by implementing an effective Sports program at Camp Felix which allows campers to learn new skills, develop their motor and coordination skills, improve self-esteem, and relieve stress through physical exercise. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Athletic Director with developing and implementing age-appropriate sports/games activities for all Camp Felix campers (ages 8-15).
- Lead cabin groups through daily athletic programming (3-5 periods/day) including non-competitive, teambuilding activities in addition to competitive sports/games, with the support and assistance of the cabin counselors.
- Sports include: basketball, kickball, tennis, softball, football, and others.
- Assist with maintenance, clean up, and appropriate storage/handling of all sports equipment.
- Assist with preparations and implementation of special activities such as the camp Olympics, basketball tournaments, and camp-wide evening activities.
- Ensure all sporting equipment is well maintained and packed up for storage at the end of camp season, take inventory of all sporting equipment at the end of the camp season.
- Teach campers new skills that are associated with physical fitness and sports.
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Must have experience with children in a sports related capacity, preferably in a camp setting.
- Must have experience with sports instruction - teaching children to play sports and leading sporting games and activities.
- Must be proficient in the following sports (know game rules, etc.): football, softball, kickball, tennis, and basketball.
- Updated First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- Must be a hands-on worker and serve as a positive example to campers and staff.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to encourage and support staff while providing constructive criticism and acknowledgement when needed.
HS Graduate or Equivalent or better
1 year:child care
Posted: February 4, 2019