Police Athletic League Borough Coordinator in Queens, New York
Position Title: SYEP Borough Coordinator
Department: Youth Employment
Reports To: Director of Youth Employment
Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Employment the SYEP Borough Coordinator will supervise the SYEP Borough Contract.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Interview, Onboard and Supervise all staff required to fulfill the contract requirements.
Conduct workshops and trainings and attend all program meetings
Manage SYEP lottery, enrollments and the SYEP database.
Ensure that all participant folders are complete and prepared for the DYCD audit.
Design and implement the educational curriculum for SYEP participants.
Serve as the point of contact for internal and external SYEP related questions.
Design and implement strategy to increase the number of worksite partnerships,
Secure PAL facilities for enrollments, trainings, and educational workshops
Recruit SYEP participants for other PAL programs.
Recruit SYEP worksites for externships during the school year.
Assist other program staff with In-school youth programs and special projects.
Serve as a liaison between the Department of Youth Employment and PAL Centers
Make periodic reports on program activities and evaluate participation, progress and development
Contribute to all departmental operations and work as a team with other PAL Staff.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· 1-2 years' experience working with a Summer Youth Employment Program preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Must be willing to travel and work late when needed.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Ability to make decisions, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to make deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Flexibility in assuming additional responsibilities.
Salary: $26.44 Per Hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:00AM-6:00PM
The Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR