Queens Community House SYEP Site Monitors in Queens, New York
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice.
We are seeking qualified applicants who, under the supervision of the Job Developer, will support the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). The SYEP Site Monitor will support the team in creating a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment. This position will serve as a main point of contact for work site employers and program participants ages 16-21. The primary responsibilities will include: data entry, maintaining files, contacting program participants and work sites, conducting participant interviews/intake, assisting with recruitment, enrollment, orientation, co-facilitating workshops, monitoring work sites, and providing overall support to the SYEP staff.
• Maintain a professional attitude and manner at all times that reflects the high standards of the program and organization you serve and represent
• Conduct pre-assessments for all work sites prior to the placement of participants
• Assist with participant enrollment and required document collection
• Conduct weekly work site visits in order to check-in with participants and conduct written work site assessments. Visits will ensure safe and productive work environments for program participants and employer satisfaction
• Retrieval of weekly time sheets, evaluations, and job placement referrals from each participant
• Conduct participant and work-site file audits to check for completeness and accuracy
• Develop a strong, professional relationship with the Work Site Supervisor and the SYEP participants
• Assist with resolving any SYEP Work site/Participant issues, and report any issues or concerns to immediate supervisor as they are identified
• Triple check time sheets and documentation to ensure accuracy and completion
• Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with teens, parents, external sites, and co-workers
• Maintain well-documented client records and program statistics to comply with agency, program, and funding requirements
• Assist with the preparation of the close-out package and audit
• Attend all job related trainings/workshops
• Assist with overall SYEP operations
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred.
• An unwavering commitment to customer service, with an ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues and win customer loyalty
• Detail-oriented, organized, and experienced regarding paperwork; able to meet all daily/weekly deadlines in a timely fashion; highly dependable
• Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills while being able to function effectively in a fast paced program environment
• Demonstrated ability to relate to young people and staff as a positive adult role model.
• Flexible and comfortable taking initiative as well as working independently and/or in a group
• Demonstrate cultural competency and have an appreciation for and sensitivity to participants’ cultural heritage and traditions, life experiences, sexual orientation, and gender identity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with various computer programs and willingness to learn new ones
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
• Must be available to work until August 30, 2019
• Ability to travel between numerous worksites within the boroughs via public transportation
• Must be cleared of NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; NYS Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; physical examination with updated TB test
• This is a temporary position with the possibility for permanent employment opportunities
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE