Six Flags Human Resources Coordinator in Queensbury, New York
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Professionally represent Six Flags to all Guests, Applicants, and Team Members.
· Assist in the recruitment process for all Lodge & Park positions.
· Schedule and attend job fairs and recruitment visits to promote recruitment efforts.
· Process hire requests and maintains a listing of all open positions for seasonal positions.
· Ensure that job posting are posted in a timely manner and have been distributed to a variety of outside sources to ensure a quality pool of applicants.
· Review applications, screen applicants and makes seasonal hiring decisions for selected positions
· Route applications to the departments hiring manager/supervisor for review; track the number of applications daily
· Assist with the facilitation of all Discovery classes for both new and returning team members.
· Support the day to day W ardrobe operation and monthly inventory.
· Plan, coordinate, promote, and manage team member activities and special events.
· Coordinate internal communications for all team members.
· Oversee the input and maintenance of Personnel records.
· Monitor and track information through various databases.
· Oversee the weekly paycheck distribution plan
Skills and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· College course work in Human Resources or Business Management a plus
· Previous office experience preferred
· Prior experience in conducting training sessions and orientations preferred
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Must be capable of performing work independently
· Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
· Must be a team player and must be able to communicate well with others
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must possess strong knowledge of MS Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to type 25 words per minute and basic Microsoft Office Skills Preferred
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Ability to Frequently lift, carry, or otherwise move and position items and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds
· This position requires standing, walking, crouching, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and pushing.
· Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in varying climates
· Must be able to walk comfortably throughout the course of the day over various surfaces
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions including exposure to direct sunlight
· Valid Driver's License and clear driving record
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.