Healthcare Association of New York State Senior Programmer Analyst in Rensselaer, New York
Title Senior Programmer Analyst EOE Statement As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, HANYS actively seeks candidates who are female, minority, disabled and/or veterans and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race; color; creed; religion; sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions); sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; transgender status; age; national origin; marital status; citizenship; physical and mental disability; criminal record; genetic information; predisposition or carrier status; status with respect to receiving public assistance; domestic violence victim status; a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran; or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
HANYS will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Position Senior Programmer Analyst Division Healthcare Association of New York State Description
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a seasoned Senior Programmer Analyst to join our Information Services (IS) team. Reporting to the Applications Manager, this position is equally responsible for both maintenance and application development. Application maintenance includes minor enhancements, problem investigation, problem resolution, and application tuning. Application development includes analysis of business requirements, design, specification, development, testing, and application production implementation. Post implementation review and assessment are also included. May be responsible for leading projects to implement new systems or functions including participation in build vs. buy recommendations, vendor/product selection. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support HANYS' development efforts by serving as a member of our agile development team.
* Interacts with staff and project stakeholders, following methodologies established in our agile development lifecycle to gather requirements, create user stories, provide estimates, identify assumptions and risks to deliver high quality functioning software
* Assists in efforts to design, develop, test, and implement software to meet the requirements, specifications, and internal programming standards.
* Competently interacts and works in a team environment.
* Participates in and contributes to HANYS application programming and systems development best practices, procedures, policies, and guidelines. Makes recommendations for reusability, security, efficiency, and supportability. Identifies opportunities to improve performance and delivery of business system functionality.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced programming professional with strong technical skills who is enthusiastic about making positive contributions in an agile team environment and providing top-notch customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
We offer the opportunity to work at a Capital Region Top Employer* with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
*As designated by the Times Union's Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012. Position Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 5 years of programming experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging and deployment
* Experience building and consuming services using RESTful APIs
* Strong knowledge of the .NET framework (4.5 and higher)
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
* Demonstrated success in continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and other DevOps methodologies
* Full SDLC application development experience required including the use of project tracking and source control using TFS (Team Foundation Server) or similar products
* Experience with code review and evaluation
* Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
* Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
* Experience working with relational databases (SQLServer) with a strong background with complex queries required
* Good oral and written communications skills required as well as the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision
* Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and make substantive contributions to division and organization excellence
* Experience with access and authentication management products such as OKTA
* Experience with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
* Project lead experience
* Experience supporting AMS (Association Management Software) or CRM (customer relationship management software), and MRS (Microsoft Reporting Services) experience
* Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
About the Organization HANYS is the only statewide hospital and continuing care association in New York. We are located near Albany and represent 500 not-for-profit and public hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare organizations. Our members are not only the largest providers of inpatient and outpatient care, and essential providers of primary care, they are among the largest employers in many communities.
We harness the power of a unified statewide membership and collaborate with regional, state, and national associations. HANYS advocates before Congress, the Governor's office, the State Legislature, and state and federal agencies. We also provide education, data analytics, quality improvement initiatives, and operational assistance to help our members navigate the complexities of healthcare reform, and achieve the 'Triple Aim' of better care, better health, and lower costs.
Equal Opportunity Employer - race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation