OST. Inc Systems Developer -- 10042 in Rensselaer, New York
POSITION: Systems Developer -- 10042
JOB ID: 3393-RCAT - 4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
52 Washington St. Rensselaer, NY, 12144
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* The Division of Juvenile Justice and Opportunities for Youth (DJJOY) Juvenile Justice Information System s Close to Home module (JJIS-CTH) is a web-based application using .Net technology. As an adjunct to the state s child welfare system, JJIS-CTH tracks juvenile justice youth placed with NYC Administration for Children s Services (and potentially other local district social services departments) under the Close to Home initiative. The system allows for tracking facility movements and placement information not included in the child welfare system.
* Juvenile Detention Automated System (JDAS) is a New York State application built specifically to accommodate youth under the care and supervision in detention. Through the collaboration of ACS and the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and Information Technology Services (ITS), the existing JDAS application will be enhanced to make it more robust and if deemed necessary, a subset of functions will be built to specifically to accommodate NYC youth under the care and supervision of DYFJ for information that pertains only to NYC.
* JDAS is the system of record for detention population for New York State, and NYC is required to use JDAS. NYC ACS would like to implement enhancements to JDAS that would help them interface with local systems and/or eliminate other stand-alone systems. This Charter requests approval to move forward with development/testing and implementation.
* Reports - Expand the existing reports functionality in JDAS specifically dealing with data related to the Juvenile Justice System. Examples: criminogenic scores; cases past expiration date not yet closed; anticipated release by youth; along with census count, space availability for each location both Non-Secure Detention (NSD) and Secure Detention (SD)
* Incidents &Restraints - Provide read-only interface with GOALS and Artificial Restraints Tracking System (ARTS) to display youth-specific incidents and restraints. This feature will display real-time information from GOALS (eventually to be sun set) and ARTS in JDAS. Eventually all incidents will be reported in JJJS-CTH and JDAS directly.
* Court Appearances - Provide read-only interface with Legal Tracking System (LTS). Case managers and Movement Control need access to the latest court appearance information. This feature will provide that information in JDAS from LTS. This will be a 1-way interface.
* Documentation from LTS - Provide automated link/feed of actual court documents into Electonic Document Storage. This will eliminate multiple application usage. This will be a 1-way interface.
* Integration of data from External Databases - Eventual elimination of existing standalone databases such as GOALS by creating the necessary screens and tables to accept data for incidents, movements and census data.
* Warrants and Warrant History - Accessing only warrant information created in JJIS-CTH so that detention staff can see a warrant history on a youth without accessing any of the placement information (as placement youth are considered Foster Care and their information is restricted from detention).
* Youth Level of Service (YLS) (DRIA) - Data interface from a separate application dealing with specific questions and scoring to determine if the youth is high risk, moderate risk or low risk. This will be a 1-way interface.
* E-document Uploading/Storage- The ability to create a centralized repository for the storage of all youth-specific documents
* Summer Youth Employment (SYEP) (JDAS and JJIS-CTH) - Screen creation to track youth from application to completion including tracking dates of each step
* This request is for a 24 month period. The impact of not approving this request is a lack of a resources dedicated to the full-time effort of enhancing JJIS-CTH and JDAS applications.
* Work in coordination with a team of developers to expand the current system.
* Work with Business Analyst on analysis and logical design.
* Perform unit testing and correct all identified bugs.
* Perform complex VB.Net/C# coding in a CSLA and MVC environment.
* Assist with responding to Juvenile Justice data requests.
* The individual in this position will work under the direction of a Technical Lead/Project Manager.
* Perform writing of complex stored procedures/triggers in an Oracle database utilizing PL/SQL
* 84 months experience developing .net web applications
* 72 months experience developing applications utilizing .Net 3.5 or above.
* 72 months experience writing and developing Web Services or WCF.
* 72 months experience developing N-Tier applications.
* 36 months experience developing applications utilizing CSLA.
* 84 months experience with PL/SQL writing packages, stored procedures and triggers.
* 24 months experience with Team Foundation Server.
* 36 months experience utilizing Model View Controller (MVC)
* 48 months experience design & deployment of complex SQL objects and relational databases design.
* Bachelor s Degree.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer's Job# 8a78879f6c5073a0016c6728b2e3629c
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.