Omega Institute for Holistic Studies Production Crew (Seasonal Position) in Rhinebeck, New York
Position: Production Crew
Reports to: Event Services Manager
The Event Services department is responsible for smooth, professional presentations of all Omega workshops and events. We prepare and help maintain the workshop space, set up classrooms, provide necessary workshop materials, support the faculty and create sacred space for all our events. We work with other departments to make the workshop experience seamless with the Omega experience. Our ultimate goal, while working behind the scenes, is to help provide an excellent experience for all attendees and faculty. Full Time Crew are the front line for creation and maintenance of the aesthetic and spiritual space in and around the classrooms.
Each position in this department is vital to the production of successful workshops. While each member of the department has a specific set of primary duties, cooperation and willingness to support each other at critical times are the measure of our success as a team. Communication and understanding among the team are integral to creating a fun and successful season.
• Training and supervising Service Corps
• Assessing daily classroom schedules and needs for all multi-use buildings on campus
• Opening, maintaining, and closing appropriate buildings for workshops and other campus events
• Removing trash, cleaning, and resetting classrooms as required
• Regularly lifting/carrying/moving heavy items
• Deep cleaning classrooms on transition days
• Attending Event Services Department Meetings
• Operating motor vehicles when needed.
• Working in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
• Other duties as required by supervisor
• Valid driver’s license
• Timely, reliable, and service oriented individual
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly
• Ability to stand for long periods on occasion
• Ability to work outside in diverse weather conditions
• Ability to navigate a hilly campus in diverse weather conditions
• Compliance with all COVID-19 mandatory campus-wide and departmentally specific requirements including being fully vaccinated by the start of the season.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Inc. (“Omega”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, New York State, and local laws. Omega strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of actual or perceived race; color; creed; age; religion; national origin; citizenship status; sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related medical conditions); gender (including gender identity and transgender status); sexual orientation; disability (which includes functional limitations caused by gender dysphoria); marital status; partnership status; familial status; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses; genetic predisposition; veteran’s status; military status; or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All Omega employees, other workers, and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, testing, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, transfers, leaves of absence, and termination of employment.