Omega Institute for Holistic Studies Utility Staff (Seasonal Positions) in Rhinebeck, New York
Omega Food and Beverage is the main dining facility at Omega Institute. Each year the Food and Beverage team produces more than 300,000 plant-based, farm-to-table meals. Utility Staff are directly accountable to the Chefs and Food & Beverage Management team.
• Maintain & clear dishes from dish return window during meals
• Maintain & clear dish wash counter area during the shift
• Rinse and rack items to be sent through machine
• Operate dish machine (Jackson) as directed by manager
• Replenish soap and rinse as directed by managers
• Return cleaned items to correct storage spaces
• Organize storage spaces as needed
• Alert Manager to any issues preventing them from completing job assignments
• Wash, rinse & sanitize large kitchen items in pot wash area as directed by managers
• Maintaining cleanliness of dish area & pot wash
• Check in with DH & kitchen management before closing down Jackson area
• Turn off, drain, disassemble & clean dish machine as directed by managers
• Clear, wash & sanitize Jackson counter area
• Remove mats, sweep & mop Jackson area
• Provide support to other kitchen stations as needed (including dining hall and prep)
• Timely, reliable, and service oriented individual
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. regularly, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
• Ability to stand for long periods on occasion.
• Ability to navigate a hilly campus in diverse weather conditions
• Compliance with all COVID-19 mandatory campus-wide and departmentally specific requirements including being fully vaccinated by the start of the season.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Inc. (“Omega”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, New York State, and local laws. Omega strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of actual or perceived race; color; creed; age; religion; national origin; citizenship status; sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related medical conditions); gender (including gender identity and transgender status); sexual orientation; disability (which includes functional limitations caused by gender dysphoria); marital status; partnership status; familial status; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses; genetic predisposition; veteran’s status; military status; or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All Omega employees, other workers, and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, testing, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, transfers, leaves of absence, and termination of employment.