HeartShare Spanish/ English Bilingual School Social Worker in Richmond Hill, New York
HeartShare First Step Early Childhood Cuomo Center, Richmond Hill Queens.
Position: Spanish/ English Bilingual Social Worker
Certifications: Masters Degree in Social Worker; certified and licensed.
Hours: 32.5 hours, Three days 8 -- 2:30 , Wednesday 8-3 , Fridays 8_2pm.
Benefits: School Calendar Holidays except 6 weeks work in summer, 12 sick days, 3 personal days.
Responsibilities: (Include but not limited to)
· Provide counseling services to students as a mandated related service
· Complete session notes and attendance cards.
· Develop quarterly progress reports for counseling students.
· Write annual review report for each student on caseload, updating IEP goals as needed.
· Initiate consistent contact with families of students on caseload, other team members and outside agencies to ensure ongoing communication regarding the student's progress.
· On an as needed basis assist families and teachers to develop solutions to family and community factors that influence a student's capacity to learn.
· Function as the school social worker for designated classrooms.
· Facilitate Parent Planning meetings for graduating students.
· Participate in team meetings on an interdisciplinary team to ensure student's IEP goals are being met.
· Conduct intakes with incoming students and assist with paperwork families are required to complete.
· Conduct outreach with local community agencies to develop a library of resources for families.
· Conduct Parent Support Groups for children with special needs.
· Conduct tours for incoming students.
· Maintain family component of school wide Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled