Cornell Cooperative Extension of Nassau County 4-H Camp Activity Leader in Riverhead, New York
This position will serve as Program Area Coordinator (for assigned area**) for DPF 4-H Camp, a residential summer camp owned and operated by Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Nassau County, located in Riverhead, New York. The primary responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to: assisting with weekly program design, implementing afternoon and evening programs and activities, assisting in daily operations of the DPF 4-H Camp as directed; and supervising 4-H campers and counseling staff. This position accepts and performs all position duties outlined in this position description, and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and deemed appropriate by the DPF 4-H Camp Director and/or Camp Team Leader. (NOTE: This position includes cabin responsibilities.) **Area assignments include Arts & Crafts (i.e. craft, jewelry making, cooking, recycled crafts, etc.), Performing Arts (i.e. music, dance, drama, Zumba, etc.), Nature, Fishing, Environmental Science, STEM, Farm, Sports, Outdoor Adventure, High Ropes/Rock Climbing, Archery, and Counselor In-Training (CIT).
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Must have current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid certifications (will train or assist with re-certifications if necessary).
• Must have subject matter background and experience in the area that this position will be coordinating. May be required to take certification training program.
• Desire, ability and willingness to work and live in a camp community and to reside at DPF 4-H Camp, Riverhead, NY (including overnights) the entire time 4-H Camp is in session.
• Must be able to meet the travel requirements of the position.
• Ability to work flexible hours which will include evenings and weekends, as appropriate.
• 21 years of age preferred.
• Experience in leadership roles, or currently working in the education field.
• Demonstrated ability to teach skills to other staff members and campers of all ages.
• Previous camp staff experience.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and provide guidance.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to work with children and young adults outdoors.
• Good character, integrity and adaptability. Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
This is a temporary, exempt, full-time position, 100% FTE, 40 hours per week.
Pay Rate Type: Salary
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until qualified pool of candidates is obtained.
Complete Temporary Application and send with resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so that you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-6120, or via email at: email@example.com.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.