Conifer Realty, LLC Accountant - Residential Property Management in Rochester, New York
ACCOUNTANT / Residential Property Management - New Opportunity!
a HOME for possibilities -- Conifer Realty, Rochester, NY
As a Residential Accountant at Conifer, you will:
Assist in maintaining the general ledgers for Conifer Realty’s portfolio of residential properties. Responsibilities will include handling the general ledger account reconciliation for multiple accounts across the portfolio, reporting functions to internal and external sources with contractual deadlines, responding to questions & requests for information, internally and externally, resulting from monthly, quarterly and annual report submission. All Accountants fully participate in the annual audit process.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the preparation of monthly & quarterly financial statements meeting demanding required contractual deadlines.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, address and resolve all unreconciled accounts.
• Prepare & submit all required monthly & quarterly reports, as required by lenders, investors and agencies meeting their required deadlines and specific agency formatting requirements.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly financial variance analysis.
• Prepare & reconcile all required reserve and escrow deposits.
• Prepare & submit all required reserve & escrow withdrawals.
• Respond to auditor and investor questions regarding monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement submissions within 24 hours.
• Provide & prepare documents, as requested by auditors within set time frames.
• Assist outside accountants in interpreting property management documents during audit season.
• Read/review Regulatory Agreements, Operating Agreements, Management Agreement, Mortgage/loan documents and any other associated documents assuring we are complying with contractual agreements.
• Assist in setting up financial statements & all associated requirements during the transition of new properties to Conifer Realty.
As a successful candidate you will have:
• Minimum 1-3 years related accounting experience required, including financial analysis and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
• Minimum High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
• Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, formulas, v-lookup) preferred.
• Proficient MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Prior Yardi or other housing industry software program desired.
• Experience in Affordable housing, housing, construction, banking/lending helpful.
• Flexibility required to work overtime during certain periods of year.
And you are person with interpersonal skills who:
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationship.
• Demonstrates organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills to effectively manage several projects at one time to meet the required timelines set.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills to interact with employees and external customers.
• Is a problem-solver and thinks strategically and applies critical thinking to identifying and solving problems.
• Practices good business judgment and practices.
Conifer Realty’s culture is one that:
• Is guided daily by our values: commitment, dedication, honesty, innovation, integrity, quality and respect. Inherent in that decision process is a continuous effort to do what we do, better.
• Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background and experience.
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers and where all employees can achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our employees, residents and clients.
• Strives to create and maintain a positive work environment for our employees, competitive salaries and benefits, as well as the opportunity to work for a highly respected, fast-growing, national company.
• Is committed to advancing our management skills, technology, and ways of working; we always put our employees, residents and clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our apartment communities across four states and our employees by remaining vibrant and vital in the affordable housing industry. We strive every day to make our apartment communities the best in the market place.
Join our dynamic Conifer Realty Team -- Conifer is a nationally ranked, full-service real estate company specializing in the development, construction, management and ownership of high-quality, affordable housing communities. Since its inception in 1975, Conifer has grown considerably - currently owning and managing over 15,019 multifamily units representing over 220 apartment communities in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
We are a professional, service-oriented organization with excellent benefits that include ongoing training, promotion from within, paid holidays and vacation & sick time; 401K with company match; medical, HSA, dependent care Flex account, dental, vision; company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurances; a wellness program, and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
APPLY TODAY via our website link: http://www.careersatconifer.com and scroll to job # NY19221 to complete our application process and attach your resume. Thank you for your interest in joining the Conifer Team!
Conifer Realty LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran