University of Rochester Admin Asst for Center of Education - 236764 in Rochester, New York
Admin Asst for Center of Education Job ID 236764Location School of Medicine & Dentistry Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular Opening
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Pediatrics M&D AdminSchedule
Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM; One day a week the AA is responsible to setup Grand Rounds at 7AMResponsibilities
Provide support for the Center of Education and Pediatric Educational Programs with primary focus on Medical Student Education and Grand Rounds.
Responsibilities:Pediatric Medical Education: Clerkship
Assist in curriculum development and planning with full responsibility to administer the Pediatric 3rd Year Medical Student Clerkship, 4th Year Medical Student Sub –Internship and Pediatric Electives offered through the Registers Office. In collaboration with Directors develop documents for teaching calendar including clinical rotations, core didactic sessions, simulations, etc. Requires complex scheduling and attention to detail. Responsible for student evaluation process using MedHub, devising grading reports and proctoring exams. Obtain a full understanding of the cost associated with programs, devise budget, obtain leadership approval and execute. Monitor cost, process expenses and produce quarterly reports with a final year-end report showing year over year expenses and forecasting future budget. Generate reports to analyze student satisfaction, retention in Pediatrics, tracking rosters and other reports as needed. Main administrative liaison with students, Register’s Office and Rochester General Hospital directing all necessary information for 3rd and 4th year students (i.e. roster, lecture schedule, exam, schedule changes, etc.), Attend monthly administrative meetings. Provide optimum customer service and monitor the satisfaction of our medical students. Plan and prepare meetings with committees – active participant.
Policy and Procedures: Maintain a solid knowledge base of URMC Medical Student policies and procedures, National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and the Council on Medical Student Education (COMSEP) and ensure that such policies/procedures are followed. Author and update student syllabus.
Pediatric Medical Education: Sub-Internship, and Electives
Academic Lectureships / Grand Rounds
- Working closely with the Grand Rounds Director and Committee, develop and administer the annual lecture series including web-based CME. Main liaison with URMC Continuing Education Office and serve as the Department’s main contact for CME. Devise quarterly reports and the Annual RRS Application. Attend URMC RSS meetings.
Events and Recruitment
- Plan and direct academic events involving fellows, residents and/or medical student graduation, orientation, retreats and visiting lectureships. Create brochures, invitations, and posters, flyers, advertising both internally and externally. Prepare recruitment materials and help the team escort candidates during recruitment season. Pathway to Pediatrics ( Peds Interest Group )
Other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree ( or equivalent years of experience )
Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 2-3 years of related work experience including at least 1 year in an administrative capacity in an academic office or project management, or the equivalent experience in business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills. Team player with positive friendly attitude. Ability to research new technologies to improve work flow and efficiencies. Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize duties and multi-task. Must demonstrate the IICARE values and maintain student confidentiality. Skilled in proactively resolving problems and troubleshooting. Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Systems (working with PDFs).
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
University of Rochester
- University of Rochester Jobs