EY Business Consulting Senior Manager - Technology Risk - EAST -MULTIPLE CITIES in Rochester, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The objective of our consulting risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other Risk Assurance professionals in performing information technology control and security engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
· Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues. Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement
· Brief the engagement team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations
· Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
· Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's or master's degree
· A minimum of 8 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
· Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
· We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
· CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is desired; If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified within 1 year from your date of hire
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The salary range for this position in (Stamford, CT) ($133,430) to ($83,160)
The salary range for this position in (Hartford, CT) ($121,300) to ($277,200)
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs