YMCA of Greater Rochester Child Care Program Administrator in Rochester, New York
Child Care Program Administrator
Rochester, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=444+East+Main+St.+Rochester+NY+14604) • Carlson Metro Center
Under the direction of the Center Director, the Child Care Program Administrator (“Administrator”) is responsible for the financial services, communications, and administrative resources to support operations at the Carlson Childcare Center. The responsibilities include managing records and files, answer phone calls, preparation of all communications related to any departmental activity including billing documents and provide service to families. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester are conveyed.
· Provide administrative support to the center and Center Director.
· Support Assistant Director with enrollment processes in early education, afterschool programs and summer camp.
· Greet and screen all visitors that enter the building. Ensure all visitors follow sign-in policy.
· Confer with parents regarding facility, policies, and enrollment procedures. Provide tours as requested by interested families.
· Answer and direct phone calls; answer informational questions from callers.
· Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
· Collect and record parent payments in Active; prints weekly bills and payment reminders; participates in discussions regarding financial aid, DHS subsidy, and payment arrangements as necessary. Helps to ensure ongoing parent communication.
· Manages DHS enrollment and Financial Aid application process; communicates directly with DHS as appropriate. Ensures that all required documentation is collected for the financial aid process.
· Responsible for all monies received on assigned shift and ensure it is are accurately recorded and locked in the safe.
· Maintain and update children’s files to include OCFS required items and communicate with parents about necessary updates.
· Support with managing the daily staff schedule for coverage in classrooms and assist in classrooms when necessary to cover breaks and maintain ratios.
· Familiar with and carries out emergency procedures, building rules and regulations.
· Assist with the overall facility appearance, and related equipment.
· Assist with ensuring all program operations are consistent with OCFS and Association procedures, including maintenance, emergency, accident, purchasing, personnel, and accounting systems.
· Maintain all required certifications.
· Attend all required meetings and training.
· Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Associate degree preferred.
· At least one-year experience in administrative and customer service support.
· The candidate must be highly organized, professional, enthusiastic self-starter with strong, proven administrative skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as proofreading skills are a must.
· Must have the ability to prioritize workload and resolve problems, be highly attentive to detail and follow through, be aware of deadlines and organize workload to meet them.
· Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with staff.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and data base software system.
· The candidate should be certified in CPR/AED and First Aid or be able to obtain these certifications within 60 days of hire.
· Must be able to sit or stand for the duration of the shift
· Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally
· Must be able to lift 45 pounds occasionally
· Ability to supervise children by sight at all times.
· Ability to move quickly to react to safety issues in the setting (i.e. aggressive behavior).
· Ability to move around the gym/field to assist children and supervise children with daily activities, social interaction, physical and emotional needs.
· Ability to work in all elements (i.e. outside in all weather)
· Ability to move from program site to branch or site to site, and is required to enter all YMCA environments including, program space, buses, schools, pools, and program area.
The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$16.50-$17.50 per hour