Rochester Institute of Technology Dining Services Supervisor-Crossroads in Rochester, New York
Dining Services Supervisor-Crossroads
Monday 1:30pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday/Wednesday 10:00 am - 6:30pm
Thursday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday 12:30pm - 9:00pm
Responsible to all customers and co-workers to provide excellent service in a friendly, sincere and courteous manner.
Workday: expectation to be on the floor of the operation for 90% of the time supervising, training, helping both employees and customers.
• Staff and student supervision; adhering to Monroe County and RIT's Policies
• Hire, supervise, schedule, train student staff on a specific shift to ensure meal periods run smoothly and efficiently. Follow Student Employment Office’s policies and procedures
• Order products from vendors as assigned
• Inventory oversight
• Cleanliness of the facility as well as proper sanitation and safety procedures.
• Opening and closing of the unit and securing the building depending on schedule.
• Thorough knowledge of proper food handling, including storage and serving techniques.
• Some understanding of equipment on serving lines
• Possess a good understanding of POS systems, InfoGenesis, Agilisys
• Oversight of cash handling procedures for the unit
• Knowledge and understanding of department and Institute personnel policies and objectives to deal with staff and customers
• Adhere to and follow precautionary measures as they relate to safety in the workplace
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrate computer literacy
• Knowledge of invoice processing
• Carry out special assignments as requested by managers to provide coverage to the Front of the House and Back of the House
• Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested or required by manager
Finance & Administration
Required Application Documents:
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to email@example.com . Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Required Minimum Education Level:
How To Apply:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
Wage Band (https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/staff-wage-grade-bands) :
Serve Safe certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date
• 3-5 years high volume restaurant experience
• Allertain certified or ability to obtain within six months of hire
• Excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to lead, supervise, and work collaboratively with multiple staff.
• Possess professional judgment and ability to independently make sound operational decisions.
• Skilled at addressing a variety situation and negotiating successful outcomes with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and applications as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse constituency.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage competing priorities.
• Must be adaptable to a frequently changing environment and ability to adhere to professional standards in stressful situations.
• Ability to follow New York State and Monroe County health codes as they relate to health, sanitation and safety.
• Ability to work with the customer and management in resolving potential diet limitations of the customer.
• Understand and comply with all institute and department policies and procedures.
• Ability to work professionally, ethically and with integrity; uphold the vision, mission and core values of the University.
• Ability to report to work on time, adhere to break policy, wear proper uniform and hair restraint.
About RIT Dining
RIT Dining supports all meal plans both on campus and at select off campus locations. We are looking for a high energy team member that enjoys working in a busy environment serving customers. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with a diverse student work force which may include of deaf / hard of hearing, and internationals students. Hours would change for breaks, intersession and summer semester. This position may support serving from 1500 to over 3000 customers (faculty, staff and students) in any one location on a daily basis.
A, B, Night, Weekend
What do we believe at RIT?:
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you'll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package (https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/sites/rit.edu.fa.humanresources/files/docs/Benefits_at_a_Glance.pdf) that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
Henrietta Campus — 100%
Commitment To Safety:
COVID 19: Please familiarize yourself with the requirements of the RIT Safety Plan (https://www.rit.edu/ready/rit-safety-plan) . Information on the responsibility for each employee can be found on the RIT Ready website (https://www.rit.edu/ready/) . As per the RIT Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/rit-mandatory-employee-covid-19-vaccination-policy) , all university employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical/disability or religious accommodation