CooperVision Distribution Data Analyst in Rochester, New York
*About CooperVision *
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
*JOB TITLE: *Distribution Data Analyst
Analyze business data to assist leadership in improving operational results, strategic guidance and organizational effectiveness. Consult with internal and external stakeholders to meet their information needs. Develop deep understanding of customers, business operations, opportunities and challenges to develop trend reports, metrics and analyses that lead to measureable improvements. Collaborate with external analyses as required for advanced analyses and predictive modeling. Responsible for preparing and presenting pertinent data and reports to management.
• Consult with and support business leaders and analysts in meeting their information needs through the use of Business Objects, Red Prairie, EZ-Pick, and current excel data collection templates.
• Provide Ad Hoc Analysis: Create reporting to produce information and provide analysis to solve business problems.
• Works closely with Management to develop and maintain confidential financial and operational databases and tools for analysis.
• Analyze data to determine future trends or outcomes.
• Identifies Continuous Improvement (CI) and cost reduction opportunities across distribution operations. Determines viability and presents CI and cost reduction options to management.
• Works with operators, floor leadership, supervisor and management to understand current processes.
• May schedule and moderate meetings and give presentations as necessary.
• Create reports that can be run on an Ad Hoc basis to provide sales trend analysis by customer.
• Supply management reports from large data spreadsheets (70,000 plus lines) in a manner that is easily readable as well as drilled down to levels required by management.
• Support distribution team to identify problems and find solutions.
• Provide support for sales-related and marketing projects that include conducting research on sales data.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• May work scheduled holidays.
• As business needs dictates, works extended hours to complete daily department goals or tasks to include mandatory Saturdays.
• Works scheduled hours and is ready to work at scheduled start times, notifies Manager prior to absence or tardiness in accordance with company policy.
• Immediately informs Manager of safety, sanitation, and equipment malfunctions and concerns regarding quality issues.
• Exhibits very good communication skills – verbal, written, and comprehension of the English language.
• Adhered to Standard Operating Procedures and Regulatory requirements.
/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES/
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly self-motivated
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate or better familiarity with WMS, ERP and Business Objects systems
• Expert Microsoft Office Excel skill set
• Advanced Microsoft Word skill set
• Intermediate or better Access skill set
• Advanced or better PowerPoint skill set
• Able to handle confidential information
• PC, copier, filing systems and other conventional office equipment.
• Advanced or better understanding of current accounting practices and methodology.
• Displayed ability to create dashboards and reports using Excel.
• Strong Mathematical and analytical capabilities. Time study, work measurement, and /or shop/warehouse floor data collection experience preferred.
• Must be able to work effectively independently or as a part of a team.
Normal Warehouse Conditions:
Noisy conditions – 50-75%
Hot or humid conditions - >75%
Exposure to extreme seasonal temperatures - > 75%
Work near moving mechanical parts - > 75%
Standing - < 30%
Sitting - > 70%
Walking - < 30%
Climbing – 20 steps - < 25%
Bending – 8” above floor < 10%
Squatting – 2” above floor <10%
Kneeling - Kneel on 1 or both knees – 1 minute - < 25%
Twisting – <20%
Lifting – up to 45lbs - < 5%
Pushing/Pulling – 20lbs force - <5%
Reaching overhead - 80 inches - < 5%
Hand/eye coordination - >75%
Finger/wrist dexterity - > 75%
Grasping/pinching - < 25%
Coupling – 30# - 0%
Driving: Forklift, Man-up - 0%
• 3 years working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
• Minimum of 5 year experience in a distribution environment.
• Minimum of 5 year at a data collection/analysis position or commensurate
• Associates degree is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelors degree is preferred
Title: Distribution Data Analyst
Location: New York-Rochester
Requisition ID: HEN3201