New York Seasonal Jobs

Job Information

Klein Steel Service Facilities Technician (A shift - Part Time) in Rochester, New York

General Description:

The Facilities Technician is responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of both the front office area and various parts of the warehouse including the locker rooms, finger docks, manager’s office, DOJO room, safety manager’s office.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

  • Handles various general building repairs and maintenance including spackling, painting, polishing, basic plumbing, door hardware replacement and other miscellaneous repair work such as hanging pictures, repair tile, repair blinds, clean air returns and refrigerators, assemble office furniture, etc.

  • Cleans coffee area counters and sinks, and wipes down microwaves, dish drains and coffee pots. Empties and cleans refrigerators, toasters and inside of cupboards bi-weekly

  • Cleans cafeteria tables and chairs, and puts out coffee and paper towels as needed.

  • Inventories janitorial supplies monthly, and helps keep janitor’s closet neat, orderly and clean.

  • Checks and installs lights throughout the office.

  • Recycles cardboard boxes and moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment as needed.

  • Simple lawn maintenance including picking up trash, flower planting in the spring, snow removal/salting during winter, keeping the pond clean and algae free during the summer, sweeping walkways, raking leaves and other incidental seasonal tasks.

  • Sweeps or washes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubber equipment when necessary.

  • Assists Operations Supervisors with any special cleaning projects, and picks up hangers and trash in locker rooms.

  • Other duties may be assigned.

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Education and/or Experience:

  • High school diploma or general education degree (GED); previous janitorial/custodial work preferred.

  • Ability to follow directions as well as work independently.

  • Experience with light power tools (electric drill, saw) and other applicable hand tools.

  • Mechanical aptitude and all-around handyman abilities are essential. 60% of position consists of building maintenance and repair; the remaining 40% is cleaning related.

  • Ability to climb a ladder, dismantle and repair various building parts and furnishings such as floors, walls, ceilings, office furniture, etc.

  • Must have strong communication skills.

  • Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.

  • Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.

Physical Demands / Work Environment:

The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a fast-paced environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The work environment is fast paced and team members must be willing and able to work in both hot and cold temperatures as they may occur occasionally in the warehouse.

DirectEmployers