Rochester Institute of Technology Financial & Reporting Analyst in Rochester, New York
Financial & Reporting Analyst
Detailed Job Description:
• Primary contact for all RIT Dining Reporting needs working as a liaison to AS Tech, SSC, SFS, Auxiliary Marketing, RIT Inn, Residence Life and dining locations
• Produces reporting based on requests directed by the Business Operations Manager defining all parameters and data retrieval to fulfill project requirements using StarRez, TPS, POS, Universal Desktop and Analyze
• Builds reports in StarRez, TPS, POS, Universal Desktop and Analyze exporting Microsoft Excel to gain daily, weekly, semester and year over year trends
• Applies Business process and knowledge to reports to make data informed recommendations to the Business Operations Manager
• Responsible for all internal and external customers to provide excellent customer service in a friendly, sincere and courteous manner. Work closely with all staff to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and positive working environment. When issues arise, bring them forward to the appropriate party to mitigate them as quickly as possible.
• Communicate effectively all aspects of responsibilities with the Shared Services Center, Auxiliary Services Technology and Business Analytics Department, RIT Dining Senior Leadership and each member of the business office.
• Understand and conduct accurate billing and auditing functions related to contract billing for groups and conferences. Bill groups and conferences accordingly while maintaining accurate backup for the Controller’s Office.
• Administer and manage the end-of-month and semi-monthly reconciliations.
• Initiate reports from several different sources (OnBase, TPS, StarRez and POS) and do audits between data output to ensure accuracy.
• Ensure POS and TPS daily balancing of systems to recognize revenue appropriately and identify discrepancies. Variances escalated to this position and resolved by this position.
• Reconciliation of Tiger Bucks, Voluntary Dollars and Department Dollars at both semi-monthly and end of month.
• Perform and oversee the process and reconciliation of all hospitality and prepared food transfers.
• Distribute reports as needed to various departments within RIT to show financial reporting and entries. Triage all questions related to billing from internal groups.
• Balance and reconcile Tiger Reload Station and deposits monthly.
• Backup for new system for card printing for Non-RIT meal cards
• Assists the Business Operations Manager in the maintaining of over 20,000 customer accounts, which include all registered students, faculty and staff, meal plans, Dining Dollars, Tiger Bucks, department accounts, and conference groups using Campus Card Transaction Processing System
• Backup user of Red Oxygen for emergency texts from RIT Dining to students
• Uses Point of Sale System to assist with receipt lookup, refunds and charges to RIT Dining accounts
• Primary contact for all POS transactions that are accounted for by RIT Business Office including partial refunds, mass transactions and all RIT Dining owned test accounts
• Defines and is primary user of all data tools that need configuration in TPS for data imports to update or adjust person accounts
• Primary user for StarRez configuration including correspondence, meal plans, charge items and billing processes
Meal Plans (Board)
• Build all meal plans in StarRez, assign meal plans and audit the billing of plans throughout each semester and for the Summer term.
• Oversees housing data to make appropriate meal plan adjustments.
• Build audits and manage audit findings ensuring accurate meal plan adjustments are made.
• Builds the Student Adjustment Workbook for the OnBase process calculating tax charges and applying RIT Dining refund policies found in the Terms & Conditions.
• Review OnBase workflow daily for University Leave of Absences, suspensions and withdrawals using the Student Adjustment workbook.
• Assist Business Operations Manager with benchmark data and projections for RIT Dining Executive Director
• Effectively teach and train select students to gather data points in Excel using the TPS and POS systems and StarRez.
• Help define student projects that are needed and work with the Business Operations Manager and Business Relations Manager on the priority of these projects.
Finance & Administration
Required Application Documents:
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.
Required Minimum Education Level:
Bachelors or Equivalent Experience
How To Apply:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number
Wage Band (https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/staff-wage-grade-bands) :
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Two or more years experience working in a fast-paced collegiate environment, auxiliary setting or equivalent business
• Previous experience with data extraction and/or work with technology systems.
• Experience with financial and business procedures in a collegiate setting
RIT Dining supports all meal plans both on campus and at select off campus locations. We are looking for a high energy team member that enjoys working in a busy environment serving customers. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with a diverse student work force which may include of deaf / hard of hearing, and internationals students.
Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring.
As a member of the RIT community, you'll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package (https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/sites/rit.edu.fa.humanresources/files/docs/Benefits_at_a_Glance.pdf) that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).