Rochester Optical Marketing Intern in Rochester, New York
Position Summary: Rochester Optical is seeking a web-savvy intern with a passion for marketing, design and social media. The ideal candidate is creative, self motivated, comfortable with multi-tasking and has some digital marketing skills. Writing, design, and wordpress skills are also desirable but not required. The intern will work closely with our Marketing Coordinator to develop abilities in online content development, social media, and web design. Additional marketing projects will be assigned as needed.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Assist in developing comprehensive marketing strategies and social media campaigns to build brand recognition and grow business in identified practice areas;
• Research and suggest engaging/relevant content to be distributed through social media/platforms
• Coordinate with team to maintain website content and execute social media campaigns;
• Perform basic research and data collection on clients and contacts, industries and competitors
• Creative skills/knowledge with Adobe Creative suite is a plus
• Assist in printing collateral, and cutting out and piecing together materials
• Coordinate with vendors for current and upcoming projects
Minimum Required Skills:
• Organized and detail oriented
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Experience posting to social media, preferably for a business or organization
• Strong editing and proofreading skills
• Works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
• Willingness to jump in and learn self-sufficiently
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at any given time
Education & Experience
• Working towards Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, design, business or related field.
This position is available Full-time for the Summer and switching to Part-Time during the school year. We would be willing to work around academic schedules. P
*Rochester Optical is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled