Monroe County Dept of Human Resources MCDOT 3/5 Mini Job Fair Seasonal in Rochester, New York
TITLE: Laborer, Seasonal
SALARY: $13.00 to $14.00
THE MONROE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION WILL BE INTERVIEWING AT THE 3/5/2020 NYSDOL SPRING/SUMMER MINI JOB FAIR EVENT AT THE ROCHESTERWORKS CAREER CENTER FROM 2-4PM LOCATED AT 276 WARING ROAD, ROCHESTER, NY 14609.
LOCATION: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, PAVEMENT MARKING SECTION, 145 PAUL ROAD, ROCHESTER, NY 14624
SCHEDULE: BASE 40 HOUR WEEK PLUS FREQUENT OVERTIME REQUIRED AS FOLLOWS: STRIPING CREW: WEEKDAYS 4-6AM TO 4:30PM FROM MID MAY TO DECEMBER; WEEKENDS 4-6AM TO 12:30PM FROM MID MAY TO DECEMBER. CROSSWALK CREW: WEEKDAYS: 4:00AM TO 2:30-4:30PM FROM MAY TO DECEMBER; WEEKENDS: 4:00AM TO 12:30PM FROM MAY TO DECEMBER.
JOB SUMMARY: This is a laborer position assisting with pavement markings such as long lines, crosswalks, and special markings, outdoors. Typical duties include placing and removing cones, cleaning trucks, equipment, garage storage area; loading material into the sriper; assisting with layouts; establishing safe work zones; flagging traffic, operating light duty trucks to transport workers and materials. Duties are performed under direct supervisor. Work may be performed in adverse weather. May be required to assist in the Sign Shop.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Must be a Monroe County resident.
1. Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with others; ability to communicate orally.
3. Mechanical aptitude; ability to operate power and hand tools safely and efficiently.
4. Willingness to work long hours and in adverse changing weather conditions.
5. Ability to perform repetitive manual labor tasks safely and efficiently.
6. Ability to lift 50 pounds; agility; good eye-hand coordination.
7. Possession of a NYS Driver's License Class D.
1. Pass a pre-employment drug test.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Monroe County provides safety vests, hard hats, gloves, safety glasses, and safety training necessary to perform the duties of the position.
APPLY ONLINE (MONROECOUNTY.GOV) OR SEND CIVIL SERVICE APPLICATION TO: MONROE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES, SUMMER EMPLOYMENT, 39 W. MAIN STREET-ROOM 210, ROCHESTER, NY 14604-1471