Dolomite Products Company, Inc. Quality Control Technician - Rochester, NY in Rochester, New York
Job ID: 412799
The Dolomite Group, a CRH Company, was founded in 1920 as an aggregate mining business. Over 100 years later, Dolomite continues to be the preferred supplier of Construction Aggregates, Hot Mix Asphalt, and Ready Mix Concrete for customers throughout the Greater Rochester Region and Southern Tier. Our high-quality Products, Culture of safety, and the strong dedication of our employees have always been the key to our success. If you're looking for a challenging, stable, and rewarding career in a thriving industry, apply today!
This position is responsible to conduct test to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. This work is conducted under direction of the Quality Control Supervisor by performing the following duties.
This is a seasonal, benefit eligible position.
****Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)****
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential functions satisfactorily:
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finish goods and stability samples
- Calibrate, validate or maintain laboratory equipment
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks or inventory forms
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release
- Investigate or report questionable test results
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods or protocols
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines
- Prepare or review required method transfer documentation including technical transfer protocols or reports
- Receive and inspect raw materials
- Review data from contract laboratories to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols and trend analyses
- Coordinate testing with contract laboratories and vendors
- Develop and qualify new testing methods
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained
- Serve as a technical liaison between quality control and other departments, vendors or contractors
- Train other analysts to perform laboratory procedures and assays
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Possess a strong drive to fulfill commitments
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or superiors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school or GED required. Associate degree in engineering or quality preferred. 4-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination required.
- NYSDOT QC/QA Hot Mix Technician certified and/or PennDOT (NECEPT) Bituminous Plant Technician certified preferred.
- Previous experience as a Level 1 Tech or Tech in Training a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use reasoning skills
- Developed analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Substantial interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Priority emphasis and strong time management skills
- Travel may be required
- Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Valid state driver's license
This position requires the employee to frequently stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, climb or balance. The employee is required to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to lift and move 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**What Oldcastle Offers You**
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn !
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers network.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity