First American Title Insurance Company Seasonal Recording Assistant in Rochester, New York
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Do you have a knack for helping others and strong attention to detail? First American is embarking on an exciting Seasonal hiring journey! We are looking for individuals that share our passion to help others on a seasonal basis during April through September to accommodate our peak season.
Seasonal employees work up to 6 months out of a year in a rewarding and supportive environment and have 6 months off to recharge for the next season!
Whether you are semi-retired, a stay at home parent, have time off from your other job or would just enjoy having flexibility to enjoy life AND want a fulfilling career with a company that values YOU First American is the place for you! When you complete your first season, we will be anxious to see you again for the next! Don t miss out on being part of one of Fortune s 100 Best Companies to Work For!
RECORDING CLERKS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSISTING IN FINAL REVIEW AND TIMELY RECORDING OF ALL TITLE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR RECORDING WITH THE COUNTY RECORDER S OFFICE.
* Assist with proofreading documents submitted for recording for accuracy, completeness, compliance with technical and legal requirements and accept or reject documents accordingly
* Respond to telephone inquiries about pending records
* Read, comprehend and implement information contained in technical memos together with other information affecting title commitments, title policies and recording practices
* Assist with making final decisions about the adequacy of documents submitted for recording
* Perform other duties as may be required or requested by supervisor
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 1-2 years relevant title insurance or real estate experience preferred.
* Microsoft Office experience required.
* Ability to type 40 WPM.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..
Employer's Job# R006614
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.