Westchester Country Club Lifeguard - Summer 2020 in Rye, New York
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club (Aquatics)
JOB TITLE: Lifeguard
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Director
COMPENSATION: Non-exempt (overtime eligible), hourly compensation
BENEFITS: Free meals, free parking, free uniform
Under supervision, Lifeguards ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. This position will work at an Outdoor Pool/Beach Facility (Two Pools – 1 main pool with a shallow, a deep end with a diving area, a slide and 8 lanes 25 yards for lap swimming, a baby pool area for wading.) The facility also features two beach areas with roped in swim areas. Applicant is expected to work shifts of 5 days a week for full-time positions. Each full-time shift is 8 ½ hours each day with a lunch break (lunch provided by Club). Part-time shifts are available as well. Applicant should be on time for all shifts, be diligent at job and have the flexibility to work any day of the week, including week-ends, as per business needs.
· Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
· Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
· Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
· Ability to perform daily swim (20 Laps) required by all.
· Ability to row a small row boat as instructed by management
· Ability to use rescue surfboard and demonstrate the skills needed and asked of by management.
· Have the ability to demonstrate the skills involved in being a lifeguard as taught by certifications. (Not excluding additional skills and routines asked by management.)
· Be able to Carry/Move Objects up to 50 lbs.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
· Minimum age requirement is 15 (Swimming pool area), and 17 (if part of the Camp) to meet NYS Minor Law Guidelines.
· First Aid Certification, CPR Certifies, Lifeguarding Certifications, Water Front Certifications
· Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
· Prior lifeguarding experience preferred.