House of Blues Zero Waste Captain in Saratoga Springs, New York
SPAC is seeking a Zero Waste Captain to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role is the backbone and driving force for helping us become zero waste through sorting and educating others. This position will partner with the Venue Sustainability Coordinator and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal position for show days.
· Assist in the post-show sorting process of all recycling, and landfill materials
· Be an ambassador to all employees in order to help them understand their role in achieving the venue’s sustainability goals
· Assist in employee engagement programs such as the water bottle refill punch cards, post show sort giveaways and new ideas
· Engage fans and encourage them to participate in our sustainability programs through activities or education
· Participate in Zero Waste Captain training
· Position requires about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50 lbs.+ with about 65% of that time spent sorting materials
· Dedication to participate in something that will have a real and immediate impact to the cause
· Must be able to work well with other departments
· Experience in events, zero waste events are a plus
· A positive attitude
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
· Must be available nights and weekends
· Ability to delegate and lead others
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.