Paraco Gas Corporation Service Technician in Saugerties, New York
Scope of the Role includes:
As brand ambassadors to Paraco Gas, our Service Technicians service LP propane gas appliances, as well as, delivering, installing, and removing propane tanks at residential, commercial and industrial customers.
We are looking for responsible, motivated service technicians who follow our values of putting safety before profit and treating everyone with respect. Our dedicated professionals have a positive, fun and engaging work ethic, exceptional communication skills and take pride in what they do each day creating “Paraco Moments” that leave everyone with a smile. If this sounds like you then Paraco may be a great place to take your career to the next level! In this role you will report to the Service Manager.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Installing, servicing, repairing and removal of LP propane gas appliances, tanks and equipment.
• Operating a truck mounted crane and/or dolly to maneuver tanks.
• Finding and repairing leaks at customer sites.
• Performing seasonal service including equipment diagnostics, operational checks, cleaning and maintenance.
• Replacement of filters, cleaning and replacement of parts needed for safe efficient operations.
• Respond to calls relating to insufficient or lack of heat on daily and emergent basis.
• Performing duties in compliance with federal, state and local guidelines and codes.
• Ensuring service vehicle is kept clean and free of debris and used in a safe and responsible manner.
We’re looking for the following abilities and skills:
• Available to work a flexible shift. (Urgent On - Call (24-hours) including weekends) [which means you may take your company vehicle home each day!].
• A CDL License Class C, B or A with HazMat and Tanker endorsements and valid medical Card/Certificate (we provide 100% reimbursement for DOT medical!).
• At least 1 year of Commercial Driving Experience is preferred but not required.
• Compliance with all DOT licensing requirements including a safe driving record.
• Comfortable working outdoors in varied weather & driving conditions (yes, occasionally, we work in rain or snow and mud!).
• Appliance repair, LP service/Fuel Oil service or installation experience is preferred but not required.
• Any of the following Licenses are preferred:o Connecticut Journeyperson (G-2) Limited Natural & LP Gas or (S-2) Unlimited Heating, Piping & Cooling. o A Westchester County Trades License.
• Mechanically inclined skills sought:o Experience with hand tools, power tools and test equipment. o Basic troubleshooting, problem solving and diagnostic skills. o Appliance Installation and Repair. o Natural Gas or LP Gas Piping and Supply. o Plumbing experience as a Journeyman working under a Masters Licensed Plumber.
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 to 75 pounds at times throughout the day as well as bend, climb, reach, stoop & twist.
• Detailed work ethic, be enthusiastic, committed, proactive and resourceful; effectively gets the job done.
• Doing what’s right with a passion for excellence so we seek strong interpersonal skills.