Schenectady Jewish Community Center Camp Specialist - Ceramics Specialist (Ages 18 and older) in Schenectady, New York
Camp Specialist - Ceramics Specialist (Ages 18 and older)
Schenectady JCC - Schenectady, NY
This individual, supervised by the Assistant Camp Director, provides programming of a specified specialty area such as (nature, science, art, sports, etc) for Camp Chaverim
• Attend pre-camp orientation and planning meetings
• Provide list of supplies in a timely fashion before the start of camp
• Planning chugim, if applicable.
Health and Safety
• Maintaining appropriate staff to camper ratios at all times, including not leaving a Junior counselor alone to supervise whole group.
• Actively supervising at all times- especially on playground and at the pool.
• Guide children and document significant behavioral events on a daily report form.
• Report all injuries regardless of severity to Camp Health Director.
• Plans, implements, and coordinates programming in specialized area for campers ages 3-12.
• Creating age appropriate activities.
• Assisting and taking on designated roles during special camp events.
• Help with planning and set-up of weekly Oneg Shabbat, if applicable.
• Required to cover Extended PM on Monday upon the completion of camp to cover staffing for staff meeting.
• Form positive relationships with campers, co-workers, and parents.
• Assist Senior and Junior Counselors for activity ideas
• Add to the atmosphere of camp by decorating grounds/building
• Working together with co-counselors and camp supervisory team in a positive manner for the betterment of camp.
• Maintain supplies and cleanliness of areas used.
• Attend all weekly staff meetings.
• Work Late nights and Overnights, minimum of one
• Perform all other duties as assigned or delegated by the Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, or JCC Campus Director.
• At least 18 years of age
• Experience working with children
• Strong background in specialized activity
• A positive, upbeat spirit “can do” attitude and a great sense of fun!