Schenectady Jewish Community Center Junior Camp Counselor in Schenectady, New York
Junior Camp Counselor
Schenectady JCC - Schenectady, NY
This individual, supervised by a Unit Head or Division Leader, manages the operations of a particular camp group of Camp Chaverim; and oversees the health, safety, and well-being of the campers in assigned group.
• Attend pre-camp orientation
• Attend Parent Orientation the evening before the 1st day of camp
Health and Safety
• Maintaining appropriate staff to camper ratios at all times.
• Actively supervising at all times- especially on playground and at the pool.
• Report all injuries regardless of severity to Camp Health Director.
• Form positive relationships with campers, co-workers, and parents.
• Working together with senior counselors in a positive manner for the betterment of camp.
• Take children to nurse, bathroom, etc.
• Help children with lunches and snacks.
• Assist specialist and children during specialist activity periods, swim lessons, and TAG time.
• Prepared for the pool with appropriate swim attire and actively in the water with campers.
• Regularly communicate issue that may arise during the day with your Senior counselor.
• Maintain supplies and cleanliness of areas used.
• Escort children to their groups during AM drop off.
• Attend all weekly staff meetings.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or delegated by the Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, or JCC Campus Director.
16 years of age or older
Experience working with Children is a plus
A positive, upbeat spirit "can do" attitude and a great sense of fun!