Schenectady Jewish Community Center Senior Camp Counselor in Schenectady, New York
Senior Camp Counselor
Schenectady JCC - Schenectady, NY
This individual, supervised by a Unit Head or Division Leader, manages the operations of a particular camp group of Camp Chaverim; and oversees the health, safety, and well-being of the campers in assigned group.
• Attend pre-camp orientation
• Attend Parent Orientation the evening before the 1st day of camp
Health and Safety
• Maintaining appropriate staff to camper ratios at all times, including not leaving a Junior counselor alone to supervise whole group.
• Actively supervising at all times- especially on playground and at the pool.
• Guide children and document significant behavioral events on a daily report form.
• Ensure accurate attendance records are maintained and perform headcount throughout the day.
• Perform daily health check of campers each morning.
• Report all injuries regardless of severity to Camp Health Director.
• Form positive relationships with campers, co-workers, and parents.
• Working together with co-counselors and camp supervisory team in a positive manner for the betterment of camp.
• Plans, implements, and coordinates programming during Group Times.
• Responsible for submitting weekly newsletters, Group of the Week nominations, and Group Time Schedule.
• Assist specialist and children during specialist activity periods, swim lessons, and TAG time.
• Prepared for the pool with appropriate swim attire and actively in the water with campers.
• Maintain supplies and cleanliness of areas used.
• Attend all weekly staff meetings.
• Responsible for group binder and walkie talkie.
• Work Late nights and Overnights as they pertain to your Unit.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or delegated by the Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, or JCC Campus Director.
18 years of age or older
Experience working with Children
A positive, upbeat spirit "can do" attitude and a great sense of fun!