ITT Industries Holdings, Inc. Network Engineering Services Co-op - Spring-Summer 2023 in Seneca Falls, New York
**Position:** Network Engineering Services Co-Op
**Location:** Seneca Falls, NY
**Major:** Information Technology, Network Engineering or related
**Academic Schedule:** Spring-Summer 2023 rotation, full-time, 40 hours per week
**Status:** US Citizenship or Permanent Green Card Status is required; position requires access to controlled documents.
**About the experience:** Our ITT Corporate co-op candidates have the unique opportunity to work for one of the most recognizable pump brands in the world. Our top Network Engineering professionals will offer guidance and mentorship for each candidate, who will also get exposure to Engineering and other professionals The Network Services Co-op role is to support the operation of ITT's networks. This includes installation, configuration, and maintenance, of network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training/support where required.
- Monitor, analyze and troubleshoot network performance across the organization's LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, content filters, WAN optimizers, load-balancers, and so on.
- Maintain network management applications
- Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, and wireless equipment (all network and collaboration equipment).
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, trouble tickets, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
- Perform on-site analyze, diagnosis, and resolution of network issues for a variety of end users,
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory.
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
- University student on the path to achieve Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
- Ability to operate tools and utilities used in troubleshooting issues.
- Working technical knowledge of network protocols and Windows operating systems.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of computer networking and computer operating systems.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
**About the Company:**
ITT, headquartered in Stamford, CT, operates competitively in more than 35 countries with sales in approximately 125 countries and partners with customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. The company generated 2021 revenues of $2.8 billion.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a work-place defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. Also bestowed to ITT was the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award that distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and the ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units):
**Industrial Process** designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities;
**Motion Technologies** designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive and rail markets;
**Connect and Control Technologies** designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.