Children of America Preschool - Summer Camp Teacher/ Counselor, NY in Smithtown, New York
Job Description: Preschool - Summer Camp Teacher/ Counselor
At Children of America, our commitment is to enhance the developmental growth and learning experience of every child. For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among parents and colleagues. Our classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to five years, offering age-appropriate, play-based opportunities for exploration and discovery. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, our highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic readiness.
We are seeking Summer Camp Teachers to join our family/team. The Camp Counselor engages toddlers in activities that encourage social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. This position has a strong emphasis on physical activity and outdoor play. They follow the daily program for children within an assigned age group.
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
- Communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child.
- Maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
- Must meet New York state requirements.
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field OR Child Development Associate credential or other Office- recognized credential specific to the preschool development.
- One-year experience related to caring for children OR 9 college credits in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field, with a plan of study leading to a: Child Development Associate credential; Or Associate's Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
Supervision: Works under the direct supervision of the Director and Assistant Director This position does not supervise other staff. Hours are varied, Monday through Friday. *Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65+ locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit
- Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 07-Jul-2020 to 05-Sep-2020 (EST)
Location: Smithtown, NY, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time