Abendroth's Apple Ridge Orchard Farmworkers and Laborers, Cro* in Sodus, New York
8 fulltime seasonal H-2A jobs available 3/1/2019-11/15/2019.
Operating tractors, tractor drawn machinery, and self propelled machinery to plow, harrow, mow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, prune, train and harvest crops. Constructing trellises, repair fences, and/or farm buildings or participate in irrigation activities.
Manually plant and prune apple trees. Pruning activities are conducted in winter months and will require workers to use ladders and a manual hand-held sheer demanding repetitive clasping by hand.
* Employer will train 3 days then expect worker to meet production standards
* Lifting requirement of 70 lbs.
* Driver requirements
* Certification/License Requirement
* Exposure to extreme temperatures/repetitive movements/extensive walking/frequent stooping.
* Extensive sitting and extensive pushing/pulling
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm