Cherry Lawn Fruit Farms, LLC Farmworkers and Laborers in Sodus, New York
8 Fulltime Seasonal H-2A Jobs available 3/19/2021-11/1/2021.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest plants and fruits, including peaches, apples and hops.
Use hand tools, such as step ladders, straight ladders (up to 16 feet), shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pole saws, chain saws, pruning shears, and knives.
Duties include: tilling soil, transplanting, weeding, thinning, pruning crops and fruit trees, harvesting fruits and crops by hand, applying pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops, cleaning, packing and loading harvested products, constructing trellis systems, repairing fences and farm buildings, setting up and operating irrigation lines and equipment, installing drainage tile in ditches, operating tractors, forklifts, tractor drawn machinery and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, prune/trim fruit trees, spray and harvest crops. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Inform farm owner or farm manager of crop progress. Occasionally identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers. Perform other various farm tasks/duties, such as using a wood splitter, repair wooden bins using an air nail tool, or any other necessary task. Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
Apples and peaches injured by bruising during picking/harvesting shall not exceed 1% (WNY) for fresh and 1% (WNY) for processing. Productivity must be at least 4 bins (80 bushels) fresh market and/or 6 bins (120 bushels) processing fruit per day.
Due to both worker safety and food safety concerns, workers must be able to speak and understand basic English to follow directions and communicate safety threats to the farm owner, other workers and supervisors.
* Workers referred against this order must have a minimum of 3 months verifiable experience in performing tasks described in the order.
* Employer will provide 1 days orientation training specific to their farm and/or allow 1 days work to reach production standards.
* Employer may conduct random drug tests, post-hire, at the employer's expense.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 70 lbs. Workers must be able to demonstrate that they are physically able to perform the work as described.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping/bending.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a\_orders.shtm