Opengate, Inc. Dietitian - Part Time in Somers, New York
The Dietitian oversees the nutritional health of Opengate, Inc.’s individuals through the implementation of diet orders, menu planning and the review of pertinent medical related information. To ensure that the nutritional adequacy of the meals served to the consumers is maintained, the dietitian will work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team and provide in-service training as appropriate.
• Prepare quarterly and annual nutrition reports, highlighting individuals’ nutrition status.
• Meet with individuals as needed to provide nutritional counselling
• Monitor weights of individuals on a monthly basis or more often if needed
• Update the diet orders monthly
• Update menus twice yearly( fall/winter; spring/summer) for all houses (community and campus)
• Prepare dietary menus as required.
• Work closely with administrative assistant to oversee on-line food ordering updating food lists when needed.
• Meet with residential supervisors to review dietary concerns and provide support for specialized diets.
• Conduct in-service training for appropriate staffing matters pertaining to the nutritional needs.
• Inspect the campus houses to insure that food is properly stored and maintained.
• Follow federal, state and local government regulatory guidelines pertaining to safe, healthy, and clean work environment, reporting health and safety concerns to the supervisor.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Employee must have knowledge of federal, state and local governmental health and safety regulations regarding food preparation, handling and storing.
A Bachelors Degree in Nutrition or Food Service is required.
Employee must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition& Dietetics and maintain proper credentials through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
External Company Name: Opengate Inc.
External Company URL: www.opengateinc.org
Street: 29 Warren Street