C&W Services Operating Engineer in Somers, New York
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Highly independent position providing solutions, support and repair of commercial mechanical and electrical equipment and auxiliary systems which include air handling units, centrifugal pumps, motors, compressors and refrigeration components. Responsible for oversight and maintenance of a large commercial complex with a variety of complicated and unique systems in place.
* Perform mechanical and electrical and repairs.
* Observes mechanical devices in operations and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
* Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Repairs or replaces defective parts.
* Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
* Lubricates and cleans parts/equipment.
* Sets up and operates welding equipment, drill press, grinders and other repair tools to make and repair parts.
* Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment.
* Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
* Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings. replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, gauges and cleaning or replacing burners or others components.
* Repairs electrical equipment.
* Graduate of a technical or trade school
* 3-5 years experience in a Commercial Property setting preferred.
* Must be able to support and repair Commercial Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
* Seasoned technical skills in areas of electrical/mechanical/utility systems, HVAC control systems, commercial heating and air conditioning systems, welding, water treatment, plumbing, fire sprinkler systems and ability to interpret wiring diagrams and blue prints.
* Must have "hands-on" experience working with commercial equipment such as boilers, chillers, air handlers, fire sprinkler systems and HVAC related control systems
* Current driver s license required with good driving record
* Universal EPA Recovery License
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employer's Job# R58949
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.