Callanan Industries, Inc. Plant Welder Trainee/Helper - South Bethlehem, NY in South Bethlehem, New York
Job ID: 321020
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americasin 1985.
**Job Description Summary**
Candidates will report directly to the site superintendent communicating production requirements and maintenance needs.
- Seasonal position with overtime required during the peak season
- Plant maintenance according to production schedule using appropriate materials
- Arc Welding and fabrication work on Stone and Asphalt Plant
- Perform a wide range of laboring duties within the Plant
- Assist in plant maintenance and in compiling reports regarding plant repairs and maintenance
- Properly follow all company policies along with OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Report any problems or concerns to Manager and/or Supertendant
- Lead projects and communicate-work well with others
- Examine parts for damage and wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Complete overhaul repairs on Aggregate crushers
- Torch cutting and steel layout for fabrication
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in mechanical maintenance
- Experience in welding/fabricating
- Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition
- Have the ability to follow through with efficiency on verbal and written instructions
- Maintain excellent attendance, and maintain a can-do, positive attitude
- Physical exam, drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Valid Drivers License
- Basic computer skills
- Able to travel to other locations if needed.
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE )
- Willing to work long hours and weekends
- Willing to work nights or split shift
- Prior experience in the asphalt and Aggregate Field
- Prior experience is preferred, but training will be provided as necessary
- Welding and Fabrication
- Experience with Quarry and Asphalt operations a plus
- Aggregate stone crusher experience a plus, but training will be provided as necessary
**What CRH Americas Offers You**
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
**About CRH Americas**
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this[link](http:%20//www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf).
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity