Archcare Certified Nursing Aide in Staten Island, New York
ArchCare, the Continuing Care Community of the Archdiocese of New York, provides top-quality healthcare and other services to thousands of people each day through an ever-expanding array of home- and community-based and residential care programs. We offer:
Long-term nursing home care and short-term rehabilitation
Nursing home alternatives that keep seniors healthy, safe and independent
Healthcare plans that coordinate members’ every healthcare need
Home health services for infants, children and adults
Family-centered hospice and end-of-life care
Specialized programs for people with exceptional care needs, including Huntington’s Disease, HIV/AIDS and developmental disabilities
As one of the largest and most dynamic Catholic health systems in the nation, ArchCare caters not just to the physical health of those we serve, but to their emotional and spiritual well-being, too. Helping families understand their healthcare options and cope with the challenge of making sure their loved one is well cared for is just as important to us.
Join the ArchCare Team
Our team of dedicated Care Members are shaping the health care landscape of today and tomorrow.
• Assists Residents with personal hygiene: tub baths, shower, bed baths, care or hair, nails, shaving and oral hygiene
• Assist Residents with toileting and incontinence care.
• Assist Residents with positioning as directed by care plan and / or nurse.
• Assists Residence with transfers.
• Change linens and beds as needed.
• Assists / provides Residents with range or motion exercises, ambulation, dressing and other nursing rehab measures, including adaptive devices as directed by the care plan and or / nurse.
• Assists Residence with meals by delivering trays or assisting residents to dinning area.
• Takes vital signs, weights, intake, output as directed by the unit supervisor and report findings to the Unit Supervisor.
• Assists Residents with dressing, ensures that dress is appropriate for the season and immediate environment.
• Maintains order and cleanliness of Residents room and unit, including the tidiness or Resident's dresser drawers and wardrobes.
• Maintains cleanliness of Residents equipments including hearing aides, eyeglasses, dentures, assistive devices, bedpans, basins, wheelchairs.
• Notifies RN/Unit Manager when residents needs clothing, shoes, etc.
• Transports residents to therapies, activities, clinics, Mass and all other appointments as needed.
• Assists with or is responsible for the collection of specimens as directed by the nurse.
• Reports to RN/ Manager when leaving the unit or returning to the unit.
• Reports to the RN/Unit Manager any unusual problems with residents, staff, equipment and/ or unit promptly.
• Attends mandatory inservice programs and other programs as directed.
• Provides diversional activities in order to promote stimulation and manage behavior concerns.
• Inputs residents information into a PDA- every shift.
• Performs all other related duties as directed by nurse.
• Assists resident with feeding and completion of all meals as directed by the care plan and or nurse.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous Nurse Aide experience preferred.
• Current New York State Nurse Aide Certificate.
Street: ArchCare at Carmel Richmond
Shift Start Time: 2P
Shift End Time: 10P
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/