Archcare Certified Nursing Assistant in Staten Island, New York
Works closely with the RN/Unit Supervisor in assisting each resident to attain and maintain highest level of functioning. Carries out the Residents' care plan as directed by the RN/ Unit Supervisor.
• Assists Residents with personal hygiene: tub baths, shower, bed baths, care or hair, nails, shaving and oral hygiene
• Assist Residents with toileting and incontinence care.
• Assist Residents with positioning as directed by care plan and / or nurse.
• Assists Residence with transfers.
• Change linens and beds as needed.
• Assists / provides Residents with range or motion exercises, ambulation, dressing and other nursing rehab measures, including adaptive devices as directed by the care plan and or / nurse.
• Assists Residence with meals by delivering trays or assisting residents to dining area.
• Takes vital signs, weights, intake, output as directed by the unit supervisor and report findings to the Unit Supervisor.
• Assists Residence with dressing, ensures that dress is appropriate for the season and immediate environment.
• Maintains order and cleanliness of Residents room and unit, including the tidiness or Resident's dresser drawers and wardrobes.
• Maintains cleanliness of Residents equipment including hearing aids, eyeglasses, dentures, assistive devices, bedpans, basins, wheelchairs.
• Notifies RN/Unit Supervisor when residents needs clothing, shoes, etc.
• Transports residents to therapies, activities, clinics, Mass and all other appointments as needed.
• Assists with or is responsible for the collection of specimens as directed by the nurse.
• Reports to RN/ Unit Supervisor when leaving the unit or returning to the unit.
• Reports to the RN/Unit Supervisor any unusual problems with residents, staff, equipment and/ or unit promptly.
• Attends mandatory in-service programs and other programs as directed.
• Provides diversional activities in order to promote stimulation and manage behavior concerns.
• Inputs residents information into a PDA- every shift.
• Performs all other related duties as directed by nurse.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous Nurse Aide experience preferred.
• Current New York State Nurse Aide Certificate.
Street: 140 Meisner Avenue
Work Days Per Week: 5
Shift Start Time: 7AM
Shift End Time: 3PM
External Company Name: ArchCare
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/