Vicar Operating, Inc. D/B/A "VCA" Licensed Veterinary Technician in Staten Island, New York
**Join The VCA South Shore Animal Hospital Team!**
VCA South Shore is seeking a full time **Licensed Veterinary Technician** to join the team at our full-service hospital in Staten Island, NY! Our team are of talented individuals are energetic, supportive, and family oriented. Whether you are seasoned professional or a tech new to the field, we welcome the opportunity to help further your growth in veterinary medicine. We are a general practice hospital that is open to our community 7 days a week with easy access to commuting options such as 3 bridges and the Staten Island Ferry.
**Why Join the VCA South Shore Family?**
We are passionate about supporting Veterinary Technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. VCA is a community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a Veterinary Technician career has to offer. At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve. Below are some of the many benefits of joining the VCA team!
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Continuing education allowance
- Tuition support and sponsorships
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- Free mental health and wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive wage
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous petcare discounts
- Life, long and short term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
**Why We Want You!**
As a member of the VCA team, you will support Technician and Doctor teams by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent-by delivering an outstanding client experience-so we can provide exceptional care to every patient. You've worked hard for your credentials (CVT, RVT, LVT) and we want you to use the knowledge that you've invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Physical examinations and patient assessment
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Laboratory work
- Catheter placement
- Patient recovery
- Compassionate care of our hospitalized animals
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now! We look forward to getting to know you!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.