Win (Women In Need) Maintenance Worker in Staten Island, New York
Title of Position: Maintenance Worker FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Pay Rate: $15.30
Positions reporting to this position: None
Purpose of the Position: The Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the building, ensuring a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors.
· Maintain a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors.
· Provide daily cleaning of the facility and facility grounds, including snow and ice removal.
· Maintain the exterior of the building free from graffiti and other conditions that are unsightly.
· Repair damaged furniture, appliances, and equipment as needed.
· Spackle, sand, and paint walls and ceilings as required.
· Perform minor plumbing repairs.
· Perform routine unit maintenance inspections.
· Conduct routine inspections and perform seasonal cleaning and repairs of A/C and heating units.
· Inspect and repair smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
· Repair and change door locks.
· Sheetrock walls.
· Perform minor electrical repairs.
· Monitor records about building maintenance and repairs.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to ascend/descend up to 8 flights of stairs.
· Must be able to work with hazardous substances with proper protective equipment.
· Commitment to Win’s mission, vision, and values.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to interact effectively with the client population.
· Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate and to accept supervision from Maintenance Director or designee.
· Valid driver’s license helpful.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish is a plus.
· Leadership: Sets an example by following Win policies and procedures. Acts with a high degree of professionalism and has good work ethics.
· Facilitating Change: Delivers high quality results consistently. Seeks to learn new skills and participates in professional development.
· Managing Performance: Works effectively with peers and interacts respectfully with clients and coworkers. Participates actively in team meetings. Demonstrates empathy.
· Applying and Developing Expertise: Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill and applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems.
· Communicating and Collaborating: Understands and embodies the values and mission of Win. Keeps the supervisor informed about progress and problems.
WIN’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION HIRING COMMITMENT
Our most effective service to our community comes from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experience. As a result, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. Win actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.