Amazon Corporate LLC Sr. HR Assistant in Staten Island, New York
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a Sr HR Assistant in one of our North America Fulfillment Centers.
The Sr HR Assistant is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides Human Resources support to our fulfillment centers. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will be responsible for:
* Ensure data integrity in HRIS (Peoplesoft) systems.
* Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: entering new employees, issuing time cards, and updating employee information, Benefits Enrollments, etc.
* Attendance tracking: coordinate with managers to ensure employees are on the correct schedule pattern and crew sheets.
* Completing and distributing daily and weekly reports to Fulfillment Center (FC) managers and corporate office. Compiling all new-hire data and entering into PeopleSoft.
* Coordinate with managers, using labor tracking tools, to ensure employees are on the correct schedule patterns.
* Completing and distributing reports as needed by FC managers and corporate offices. Provide frequent customer service regarding payroll, benefits, scheduling, etc.
* Assist internal customers with benefits, orientation, and stock inquiries.
* Assist Recruiting/Safety Department, as necessary (new hire orientations, safety talks, interview loops and coordination)
* Conduct administration portion of new-hire orientation.
* Liaison with department managers and security for administration of badging process for building access and timekeeping.
* Calculate turnover metrics for salaried and hourly associates.
* Complete employment and payroll verifications.
* Organize all HR department records, employment files and maintains operation of office equipment
* Maintain several HR spreadsheets related to workers compensation, LOA, stock, etc.
* All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
* Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access (please bring samples of work to interview)
* Previous experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS
* 3+ years' exposure to the human resources functions
* Flexibility to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
* Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age