Archcare Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Nurse Recruiter) in Staten Island, New York
Responsible for attracting, hiring and retaining the highest quality staff. Coordinate the full life cycle of recruitment. Monitor and address a variety of staffing issues, including effective sourcing, screening, interviewing and testing selection procedures. This recruiter will handle nurse recruitment for our NYC area locations and some home positions in a fast paced environment of nursing homes and home care.
• Ensure the appropriate screening of applicants, reference checks and competency assessment. Ensure that all necessary applicant information is obtained to comply with regulatory requirements and applicable law. Address immigration issues and respond to competency issues, as necessary. Maintain accurate human resources records through effective filing and documentation systems.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships and rapport with all levels of staff and management to accomplish the goals of the employment function. Ensure that appropriate candidates are approved for referral to supervisors by analyzing qualifications, matching with hiring criteria, etc.
• Maintain applicant database, perform applicant status inquiries and store applications in accordance with HR practices. Prepare offer and rejection letters. Respond to management regarding the status of vacant positions and placement efforts.
• Screen applicants and resumes against position requirements. Conduct in-depth employment interviews. Administer skill testing, as necessary. Arrange follow-up interviews where appropriate; aggressively ensure candidates are interviewed, obtain immediate feedback and, where appropriate, extend offers promptly, establishing timely start dates.
• Ensure attendance at new employee orientation programs.
• Recommend strategies to address short-term staffing needs in a cost effective manner by hiring temporary, part-time, per-diem staff, as well as summer and intern programs, where feasible.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local law; anticipate new requirements; advise corporate HR staff and management.
• Maintain superior customer service to all internal and external customers. Establish trust with all constituents by being a resource that is dependable and provides useful counsel in solving problems.
• Perform all other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Three years experience in a recruiting role; healthcare setting preferred. Experience with legal issues relating to the employment function.
• Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, with a high degree of integrity in a fast paced work environment and provide appropriate follow-up.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and perform work requiring a high level of detail.
• Ability to set priorities and to seek advice when necessary.
Street: 140 Meisner Avenue
Work Days Per Week: 5
Shift Start Time: 9:00am
Shift End Time: 5:00pm
Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
External Company Name: ArchCare
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/