Saratoga Sod Farm, Inc. Sod Farm Worker in Stillwater, New York
4 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 3/9/2019 - 12/30/2019.
Perform various activities associated with growing grass and sod on farm. Activities will be exclusively performed in an outdoor environment. Workers will aid in soil preparation, including removing rocks, roots, limbs, stumps, trees, and other debris from the fields and farm area. Sod large areas, sow grass seed, plant plugs of sod grass, cut, roll, and stack sod in accordance with supervisor's instructions. Weed, hoe, and propagate. Water, fertilize, spray, monitor, trim, weed, load, transport, and discard sod. Irrigation set up and operation. Bag certified grass seed. Load and unload empty pallets by hand.
* Three months verifiable experience in sod/turfgrass production required.
* Random drug testing at employer's expense post-hire.
* Lift up to 50-75 lbs. on a consistent basis.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures, repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Extensive pushing and pulling
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm