SCO Family of Services Child Care Worker in Suffolk, New York
· Maintain a positive healthy environment in which students will be exposed to meaningful living experience. · Maintain an awareness of each student’s emotional, physical and spiritual needs and refer her to other team members (when necessary) to meet those needs. · Teach daily living and socialization skills. · Support and supervise students in meeting their daily behavioral goals in accordance with their individualized behavior plan and the principles of positive behavior support. · Prepare and assist students in the preparation of meals as appropriate. · Serve as a role model for students maintaining values such as integrity, dignity, self control, honesty and self respect. · Promote and support the environment of positive behavior support. · Provide immediate therapeutic crisis intervention in order to provide structure and behavior management in line with policies. · As a member of the treatment team contribute to the formulation of individual treatment plans for each student though the submission of written reports, and participation in Meetings. Carry out treatment plans. · Participate with implementation of recreational, mentorship and other activities on/off campus, and in units, on daily basis, as assigned or scheduled. · Implement recreational activities that make leisure time a positive, rewarding, and meaningful experience. · Provide for celebrations of special events in group life (Birthdays, Discharges, etc.). · Participate in the daily care and cleanliness of living unit. · Supervise student's personal hygiene routines, management of clothing, care of supply and equipment.
· Complete daily log, child care monthly progress notes, informational reports, Incident/Accident reports, documenting all significant events in an accurate and timely manner.
· Assist Child Care Coordinators and Recreation staff, in creating weekly and monthly Recreation Calendar, including special events, holiday parties, etc. · Document all on and off campus activities on appropriate forms. · Conduct clothing inventory to ensure students have proper seasonal, sized clothing and arrange for shopping trips. · Orientate new admissions to residence. · Provide transportation of students for recreational trips, medical appointments, train runs etc. in agency vehicles with prior approval. · Work in other units as assigned by supervisor to meet the needs of the students and program on daily basis. · Attend in-service training sessions, staff meetings, and seminars as required by the agency for continued growth and development of skills. · Follow proper procedures for reporting damage, or physical plant needs. · Adhere to agency discipline policy and implement the behavior management system within the guidelines established. · Demonstrate good judgement and decision making in the application of agency philosophy policies and procedures. · Work with the inter-disciplinary team in the provision of all job duties. · Perform all other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma, BA preferred.
· Ability to care for young adults ages 12-21. · Valid N.Y.S. Drivers License. · Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program. · Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing. · This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer * *
Job: *CHILD CARE WORKER -047
Title: Child Care Worker
Location: New York-Suffolk-Deer Park
Requisition ID: 43345