SCO Family of Services Teacher Aide in Suffolk, New York
Each Classroom Aide is directly responsible for the welfare, activities and program delivery of the students they are scheduled to work with. Daily work assignments and schedules are coordinated by the Classroom Teacher.
- Focus on creating positive outcomes for students, especially those who have trouble learning, become frustrated easily unless learning opportunities are presented at their level and their efforts are continually reinforced.
- Reinforce desired behavior in students, follow behavior plans, and be an actively involved member of the classroom team.
- Complete situation reports, restraint forms, and accident reports as needed.
- Successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training including completion of written and physical testing is required in order to maintain employment. This training will occur during initial period of employment and require a semi-annual refresher course in order to continue employment.
- Follows all guidelines for building security and parking regulations; participates in fire drills.
- During summer session, the Classroom Aide will accompany students in the pool during scheduled times.
Other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Principal/Assistant Principal.
Experience preferred in an alternative learning setting
- Valid Driver’s license preferred.
- High School Diploma. AA or BA preferred.
- Behavior Management will be required.
Job: *TEACHER AIDE-OTHER
Title: Teacher Aide
Location: New York-Suffolk-Dix Hills
Requisition ID: 43828