Roche Holdings Inc. Account Executive - CD- Albany/Syracuse, NY in Syracuse, New York
Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives in targeted accounts across specified territories for the Centralized Diagnostics franchise selling into Hospital Laboratory systems. Typically responsible for medium to large accounts or have a medium to large quota/territory. Must develop customer prospects and create and maintain relationships with decision makers. Contacts/visits existing and potential customers. Works to build and maintain network of colleagues, partners, and customers to share information and obtain prospects. Additionally, position requires value quantification presentations to potential customers. Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of product line and have a more in-depth knowledge of other products or services.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented position. Has a complete knowledge of company products and services. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Responsible for selling the company's products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Contacts new and existing customers to meet and exceed sales objectives in targeted accounts, by developing new business, growing existing business, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting customer problems. This includes identifying and developing strategic account plans, developing and delivering the differentiating message and quantifiable economic value for products and services, selling the primary differentiation of Roche products, overcoming and managing objections, and negotiating to obtain sales.
2. Generates demand and maximizes product awareness by working with and providing education and information to customers.
3. Implements strategic initiatives and plans to facilitate sales process and productivity.
4. Works with others, as needed or required, to prepare proposals for assigned accounts. Presents all contract proposals to customers to maximize overall business and profitability, which may require some negotiation.
5. Conducts and organizes necessary territory planning and routing for efficiency. Conducts business analysis and planning.
6. Communicates competitive market information internally.
7. Networks and interfaces with internal colleagues to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
This is a field based role - the territory is upstate New York - Albany and Syracuse, NY
\* Bachelor's degree
\* 3+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
\* Good oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
\* Proven leadership abilities
\* Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
\* Ability to work in a regulated environment
\* Strategic planning and organizational skills
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.