Reconn Damage Prevention Technician in Syracuse, New York
To apply, simply TEXT Reconn to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Damage Prevention Technician
Are you looking to jump start your growth in your professional career? How about working for one of the fastest growing underground utility locating companies in the nation? If you are a quality conscious, hard-working individual who loves working outdoors, then you should consider a career at Reconn!
Reconn is currently seeking Damage Prevention Technicians in Syracuse, NY.
As we look to continue leading the industry in quality and safety, we need people to join our team who are problem solvers, confident, take pride in public safety and are comfortable in a fast paced, exciting work environment. From your first day with us, you will have a direct impact on the safety and protection of the local communities where we live and work.
Starting pay for this position is $15-16/hr., when using a company vehicle. Alternately, if a personal vehicle is available for daily use in the position an additional $5/hr. compensation is added for expenses.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Travel to assigned work sites to follow up on marked underground gas facilities as part of the Ticket Risk Assessment (TRA) Program
• Utilize various locating and troubleshooting techniques to identify and verify underground facilities at the work sites, take appropriate pictures and complete related paperwork
• Collaborate with contractors to ensure damage free excavations
• Establish and maintain positive employee, client and public relations
• Provide feedback to TRA Coordinator to develop new and more efficient procedures to mitigate gas damages.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
100% paid training – We're invested in you, starting on your first day.
Option of company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
Post-dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s sucess.
Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service.
• Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
• Outstanding safety/quality record
• High level of organizational skills, excellent time management skills and the ability to focus on details
• Knowledge of all types of gas prints
• One-year experience locating gas assets preferred
• Gas customers across the country are looking for solutions to reduce gas damages and the success of this program will support future growth opportunities
• Challenging and unique opportunity to grow, learn a new skillset and help drive an innovative program to success
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.